This will be Fleet’s first Christmas as a Business Improvement District! Your new BID Board want to make sure that it is one to remember and demonstrate to you how being a BID can really make a difference to our town.
So, what’s happening?
What’s the BID providing? Saturday 2nd December is Small Business Saturday and we have organised entertainment and activity on the day:
- Street performances
- A children’s grotto in the Hart Shopping Centre
- Musical entertainment
- Launching a magical Nutcracker Trail that will entice our young visitors, their parents, grandparents into the town over a 6 week period from 2 December.
- Hart District Council and the Hart Shopping Centre have agreed to provide FREE PARKING in all their car parks on that day too – so make sure your customers know.
What else are we going to do? We will also be running a “Buy Local” Campaign alongside all the other activities on the 2nd December and up to Christmas and, as part of that Campaign, we will be highlighting one business a day in the 60 days leading up to the 2nd December, providing those businesses with a great opportunity for masses of publicity.
How will we let people know?
- Developing a “Christmas in Fleet” programme for you to advertise your special offers for Christmas. We will be printing and distributing 30,000 copies.
- Advertising in local magazines and across social media.
- Inviting schools to share the Nutcracker trail booklets.
The Fleet BID Company would like to thank Fleet Town Council for their support with the Nutcracker trail in Fleet.