After the success of last year, where we were about to give out over 1,000 gifts to local young people, we are now accepting donations for our 2022 Christmas Toy Appeal.
We want to make sure that as many children locally get to have a special time this Christmas day. So, this is where we need your help…
We are taking donations of NEW toys and games for children and young people aged 0-16 years old.
Donation drop off points are at the following shops from Monday 7th November until Monday 12th December:
– Waitrose – Unit A, The Hart Centre, Fleet, GU51 3LA – Mon, Tues (8am-7pm), Wed, Thurs and Sat (8am-8pm), Fri (8am-9pm) and Sun (10am-4pm).
– Scoop – 184 Fleet Road, Fleet, GU51 4DA – Tues-Fri (9:30am-5pm) and Sat (10am-5pm). Closed Sun and Mon.
– Morrisons – Elvetham Heath, GU51 1GY – Mon-Sat (7am-10pm) and Sun (10am-4pm).
– Sainsburys – 116-122 Fleet Road, Fleet, GU51 34BE – Mon-Sat (7am-10pm) and Sun (10am-4pm)
– Fleet Library – 236 Fleet Road, Fleet, GU51 4BX – Mon, Tues, Thurs, Fri and Sat (9:30am-5pm) Wed (9:30am-1:30pm). Closed Sun.
– Durham House Chiropractic Clinic – 60 Reading Road South, Fleet, GU52 7SD – Mon-Fri (8:30am-7pm) and Sat (8:30am-1pm).
We have also arranged with Toy Area in Fleet to have a Christmas toy list with them (printed copies of the list will be available in store), so if you would like to purchase a toy from them that would be great, and they really appreciate the local support. As they don’t have a lot of free space in the shop, there will NOT be a donation basket in-store. So, if you do purchase from there, please pop along to one of the other locations (see above) in the local area who have a collection basket. If you are unsure what to buy but want to support Toy Arena, you will be able to purchase a gift voucher, they will then notify us of this, and we will go into store to purchase a gift/s.
Please feel free to purchase your gift/s from wherever is easiest/most convenient for you – whether this be local, online or from any other shop.
We appreciate any and all donations and they will all be going to good homes. With the greatest respect can we please ask that the toys are NEW, UNUSED and in the original boxes.
If you are unable to buy and drop gifts off at one of the donation points but would like to donate, there are two other options for you:
1. Make a money donation. You can do this via PayPal Giving or Just Giving – please mark these as Christmas Toy Appeal 2022. We will then go and purchase toys and games with your money donation.
2. We have set up an Amazon Wish List, where you can purchase an item/s off this and have them sent directly to us at The Point Youth Centre (please make sure you select Fleet Phoenix as the delivery address otherwise it will go to your default address).
We will then be distributing the gifts during the week leading up to Christmas and on Christmas Day in our best festive outfits.
We would also like our community to help nominate children and families to receive gifts and a visit from us. So, if you know someone that you would like to put forward for our toy appeal, please email us. These nominations will be anonymous but sent with love from the community. Please also feel free to contact us if you are struggling to buy toys/gifts for your own children this year, we would love to help.
When you contact us, please provide the following information:
– Why you have nominated the family
– The age and sex of the children
– Address of the family
Thank you so much in advance for your generosity and kindness – you will be making a lot of children and families very happy over this festive holiday.
We would REALLY appreciate it if you can share this post as we would like as many people as possible to know about the appeal.
The Fleet Phoenix Team