Fleet Business Improvement District has been providing support to businesses in Fleet throughout lockdown and as they re-open again.
Here is some of the support provided to businesses
- Launched the Business Information Hub to signpost government support, grant application and loan information, industry specific advice and latest government information
- Launched the Fleet Community hub providing information on essential business opening hours, takeaways, businesses selling online and latest government advice.
- Developed Back in Business care packs with free posters, floor stickers, window sticker and hand sanitiser for customers as well as visors.
- Purchased Sanitiser to enable businesses to access bulk purchase discounts.
- Provided 121 support for businesses to access grants, advice and other essential services
- Produced a series of webinars to help businesses on topics such as furloughing staff, lease negotiations, wellbeing, bringing staff off furlough and customer experience.
- Published a recovery framework for Fleet.
- Promoted the Eat Out to Help Out Scheme to businesses to encourage take up and will be promoting those taking part.
- Undertook research with consumers to find out what they were looking forward to after lockdown. Many said they were more likely to shop locally and visit Fleet. These findings were shared with businesses to help them plan.
- Implemented a Stay Safe Tracker to run for the 3 months to get feedback from people who visit and work in the town on how safe they feel. We are sharing the weekly report with businesses, Hart District Council and Fleet Town Council to make them aware of any improvements suggested.
- Recorded videos to show the care that businesses have taken to ensure Fleet is a safe place to visit and shop as well as showcasing our independent retailers.