World Mental Health Day takes place on 10 October every year and this year the Fleet Business Improvement District is looking at the possibility of providing Mental Health First Aid training for companies in the BID area.
- This course qualifies you as a Mental Health First Aider and equips delegates with:
An in depth understanding of mental health and the factors that can affect wellbeing
- Practical skills to spot the triggers and signs of mental health issues
- Confidence to step in, reassure and support a person in distress, equipping people with the knowledge and skills to support staff with mental health problems or who might be worried about a friend or family member.
- Enhanced interpersonal skills such as non-judgemental listening
- Knowledge to help someone recover their health by guiding them to further support – whether that’s self-help resources, through their employer, the NHS, or a mix
If the wellbeing of your staff is a high priority, and having an advocate for mental health in the workplace who can raise awareness of the issues and wider support available is of interest, do email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We’d also love to hear from you if you work for a business in the BID area and this would be of interest to you