The government hopes that non-essential shops will be able to open from 1 June. To support businesses to prepare, Fleet BID has developed a summary of advice and support available.
The guide can be downloaded as a PDF here.
The government have published guidance for retailers on working safely during Coronavirus (COVID-19) with advice and checklists covering: Managing your workforce, customers, visitors and contractors, cleaning, PPE, workforce management and deliveries
The guidance can be downloaded here: https://assets.publishing.service.gov.uk/media/5eb9703de90e07082fa57ce0/working-safely-during-covid-19-shops-branches-110520.pdf
British Retail Consortium
Published at the end of April, The British Retail Consortium and the Union of Shopworkers, Distributors and Allied Workers developed guidance for retailers on how to implement government advice. Read the guidance document here.
Risk Assessment Templates
The Health & Safety Executive (HSE) has published a number of resources including
- Risk Assessment Templates – download here: https://www.hse.gov.uk/simple-health-safety/risk/risk-assessment-template-and-examples.htm
- Guidance on working safely through the Coronavirus outbreak – read it here: https://www.hse.gov.uk/news/working-safely-during-coronavirus-outbreak.htm
By Appointment Only? Free or low cost booking software
For businesses considering opening by Appointment Only there are a number of free booking apps available:
- Via Google Calendar if you have a (paid for) G Suite account (https://support.google.com/calendar/answer/190998?co=GENIE.Platform%3DDesktop&hl=en)
- Microsoft Bookings (through Office 265): https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/office/publish-your-business-calendar-online-with-microsoft-bookings-47403d64-a067-4754-9ae9-00157244c27d
Apps with Free plans
WordPress website plugins
- Booking Calendar and Easy Appointments are two free appointment booking plugins
When are you busiest?
- If you have a Google My Business listing linked to Google Maps it will tell you when your business is busiest.
Fleet BID Support
Local suppliers of protective equipment
- The guide to local suppliers is on our website here https://findyourfleet.org/protective-equipment/
- Businesses in the BID area in Fleet can order Free Floor Stickers to encourage social distancing. If you would like some please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org letting us know how may you would like.
- We have placed a bulk ordered for 1 litre bottles – these are available at cost: £9.70 each or £10.30 with pump. Prices +VAT.
- We will also have some free 60ml bottles of hand sanitiser for BID businesses to give to customers If you would like some please email email@example.com
- Fleet BID’s website includes bespoke pages for businesses selling a few items online.
- As non essential shops and other businesses start to open we will also update opening hours on our website – please email firstname.lastname@example.org with your details so that we can make sure the website is correct.
As a BID we have requested the following support from local councils to enable businesses to open and trade safely and for people to feel confident and safe to shop in Fleet:
- Enable safe use of roads and pavements to facilitate distancing / queuing (restricting on street parking and traffic)
- Deep cleaning
- Reclaim the Streets days with road closures
- Extend free parking to 31 July
- Review parking machines
- Waive highways fee for signage / trail
- Invest in cycle ways
- Rethink regeneration and involve business