This recipe works well with either chicken, lamb or pork and can be cooked on the bbq or under the grill.
What do you need: feeds 4
- 600g pork, chicken or lamb, cubed
- Salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- 1 tablespoon sherry vinegar
- 2 garlic cloves, minced or grated
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 sprig of fresh rosemary, leaves finely chopped or 1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1 tsp dried mint
You will also need some skewers and a large bowl.
How to make:
1. Put the meat cubes into a bowl and season generously with salt and pepper (Photo 1).
2. Mix all the other ingredients listed together in a bowl so we’ll combined.
3. Add to the meat and use your well washed hands to massage the marinade into the meat. Then cover a pop back in the fridge to marinade for a couple of hours. (Photo 2).
4. Remove from fridge 30 minutes before you are ready to cook to allow them to come up to room temperature.
5. Thread the meat onto the skewers you can also add some veg such as peppers to the skewers if you wish. (Photo 3).
6. Cook the skewers either on the BBQ or under the grill. If cooking lamb you can serve the meat medium rare if you wish will take about 7-8 minutes but if you prefer well done cook for longer. Both the pork and chicken should be cooked through and no pink meat, approx 15 minutes turning regularly.
7. Serve and enjoy with a salad or pittas. (Photo 4).