Another delicious way to eat Feta cheese, great for lunch can be eaten either hot or cold.
What you need: feeds 2
- 100 g Greek feta cheese, crumbled
- 1 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil, plus extra to brush
- 1 teaspoon runny honey, plus extra to serve
- 1/2 teaspoon Herbs de Provence or thyme
- 2 sheets filo pastry
- 1 teaspoon of pistachios, or almonds or pine nuts roughly chopped
You will also need a mixing bowl, baking sheet and a piece of greaseproof or baking parchment.
How to make:
1. Preheat the oven to 200°C (180°C fan) mark 6.
2. In a mixing bowl, combine the feta, oil, honey and thyme. Set aside. (Photo 1).
3. Lay a sheet of filo on a work surface and brush with a little extra oil. Put another sheet on top and brush with oil. (Photo 2).
4. Fold sheets in half widthways. Put the feta mixture into the centre of the filo in a rectangular shape about 6.5 x 9cm. (Photo 3).
5. Brush filo with oil around the feta, then fold the two long edges over the feta, followed by the other two, shorter, edges to enclose completely and make a parcel. (Photo 4).
6. Put the parcel seam-side down on to a baking sheet, brush with more oil and sprinkle over the nuts of your choice then bake for 20-25min until golden. (Photo 4 & 5 & 6).
7. Drizzle with extra honey and enjoy! (Photo 7).
For more information on Jane Cooper and other recipes visit the Cooking with Jane page here.