Here’s a rundown of all the activities in Fleet for the Platinum Jubilee Weekend.
Thursday, 2nd June from 7pm onwards at Calthorpe Park
Thursday evening is the start of four days of celebrations to mark the Platinum Jubilee in Fleet.
- Lantern Parade – 9.15pm (when it is dusk) organised by All Saints Junior School with handmade lanterns made by the children and their families.
- The Beacon Lighting – 9.45pm to be lit by the first and only Freeman of Fleet Town, Geoff Baker
- FREE Fireworks organised by Fleet Lions– Approximately 10pm
There will be refreshments too, so you won’t go hungry or thirsty.
Friday 3rd June, Day of Sports and Activities
Friday starts with a 30-mile bike ride for keen cyclists at 9am followed by an 11-mile family bike ride at 10am both leaving from Calthorpe Park (tickets are available on the day unless the event has sold out online).
From midday there will be lots of fun on Calthorpe Park. In addition to community stalls, Frimley Radio and refreshments activities include:
- Everyone Active for Body Pump, Body Combat, Les Mills and Clubbercise taster sessions plus equipment to try. There will also be aerobics, short sprint races for kids and adults, plus classics like eggs and spoon.
- Giant assault courses, football, Inflatable Darts, Inflatable Football and Speed Shoot plus Target Football’s training experience
- Try archery and maybe even tomahawk throwing or air rifle shooting organised by the Scouts.
- Churches together are providing lots of fun including “Throwing a Sponge at a Vicar”!
- Sasha’s Project will be organising Zumba and Circuit Beat sessions.
- Hurricane Boxing have displays and taster sessions.
- The tennis courts are free to use (book in advance online at www.calthorpeparktennis.com).
Dog Show and refreshments
- 12pm Cutest Puppy
- 30pm Golden Oldie
- 1pm Best Rescue
- 30pm Most Fabulous Fella
- 2pm Loveliest Lady
- 30pm Best Trick
1st Prize: Rosette & a pupcake. Tickets available on the day – just £1 entry with all proceeds going to DogsnHomes Rescue.
Boat Rally on the Basingstoke Canal (by the Fox & Hounds) organised by the Basingstoke Canal Society
- Boat rally with colourful boats.
- Accessible Boating demonstrating how boating is available to everyone.
- Canoes, kayaks and paddleboarders are welcome too and The Snowboard Shop are bringing along some paddle boards.
- 26th Odiham (Fleet) Sea Scouts will have a canoe display at 1.30pm and 3.30pm, providing boat safety skills and fun on the water sessions.
- From 12 noon the Fox & Hounds will open from 12 noon with a tasty barbecue and live music.
Community Quiz – 7.30pm
- Fleet Crookham and District Branch of the Royal British Legion are organising a Jubilee Quiz Night at the Key Centre on Elvetham Heath. Up to 8 in a team. Bring Your Own food & drink and picnicware … and cash for the raffle! No credit cards on the night.
- Everyone is welcome but tickets must be bought in advance.
Saturday 4th June – What a Show
Saturday starts with the Seven Decades of Motoring Procession down Fleet Road at 1pm with specially selected cars from each decade of the Queen’s reign! The procession will also include tractors manufactured by Fleet-based County Tractors.
- The procession will be followed by the Jubilee Parade. Accompanied by two bands there will be contingents from the Royal British Legion and Service veterans, Army Cadet Force, Girls Brigade, Scouts, Guides, several local schools, Fleet and Crookham Athletic Club and Hart Road Runners amongst others – plus corgis! Bringing up the rear will be a fire engine, courtesy of our wonderful local Fire Service.
- The parade will be greeted by the Deputy Lieutenant of Hampshire and Bob Schofield, Chairman of Fleet Town Council in Calthorpe Park. At approx. 2pm we will sing the National Anthem and give a resounding ‘three cheers’ for Her Majesty, before enjoying all the many stalls in the park and sampling the refreshments.
Saturday evening, The Harlington 7pm
- Hart Lions have a Cabaret and Supper with internationally acclaimed celebrity entertainer Colin Roy who will have you up on your feet dancing the night away to all your favourite swing, soul and Motown tunes.
Sunday 5th June – The Big Jubilee Lunch Street Party
Sunday is a full day of entertainment starting with a 5k Fun Run and 100m mini-run in Calthorpe Park at 10am.
At 10am in Gurkha Square there will be an interdenominational Act of Worship in Gurkha Square starting for people of all ages and all faith backgrounds (or none) to give thanks for the Queen. There will be music, drama, singing and a variety of crafts too.
From 12 noon until 8pm grab a bite to eat from the food stalls, cafes and restaurants in Fleet, listen to the music and watch the street entertainers.
Stalls will include cocktails, gin, local breweries, street food, biltong, samosas and pasties, cakes, bakes and pastries as well as vegan stallholders.
There will be benches as stalls on Fleet Road as well as entertainers and live music from the stage in Gurkha Square including Shuffle Tunes, Megan Collins, Get Plucky, Els Black, The Ultimate Party Band.
If you want to bring a picnic, music will be relayed to The Views for you to enjoy and still be part of the biggest party in Fleet’s history.
Do come along! This is such a special occasion for us to all come together to celebrate our longest reigning monarch and also celebrate our community, particularly after the last two years!
See the full list of events for the Platinum Jubilee in Fleet on our website: www.fleetplatinumjubilee.co.uk, follow us on Facebook or Instagram.
And it doesn’t end there
Jubilee poster Trail
Until Monday 6th June, 71 of Fleet’s retailers will be displaying a poster corresponding to the each of the years 1952-2022 with a different poster for each year. Download the entry sheet from the Fleet Jubilee website and complete the trail for a chance to win a £75 voucher to spend at any of the participating businesses.
There will be a souvenir programme that you can purchase which celebrates the 70 years of the Queen’s reign as well as 70 years in Fleet – look out for more details coming soon.
Be part of the Fleet Jubilee Photo Gallery
Please share your photos – use #FleetJubilee, tag our Facebook or Instagram pages or WhatsApp 07746 828792 and we’ll add your photos of this momentous weekend to the gallery on our website. We’ll also be collating some of your photos for the souvenir programme so you could be part of Fleet’s History too!