The HMRC Portal for businesses to claim for furloughed employees through the Coronavirus Job Retention scheme opened at 8am on Monday 20th April.
Businesses can apply through their Government Gateway Account here: https://www.access.service.gov.uk/login/signin/creds
Before applying through the HMRC Portal for furloughed employees, businesses should read the Government guidance on claiming on the government website here.
To make a claim, you will need:
- to be registered for PAYE online
- your UK bank account number and sort code
- your employer PAYE scheme reference number
- the number of employees being furloughed
- each employee’s National Insurance number
- each employee’s payroll or employee number
- the start date and end date of the claim
- the full amount you’re claiming for including employer National Insurance contributions and employer minimum pension contributions
your phone number
You also need to provide either:
- your Corporation Tax unique taxpayer reference
- your Self Assessment unique taxpayer reference
- your company registration number
The Government have also produced the following guidance:
- For guidance on claiming for the Job Retention scheme including ho is eligible read more here.
- To work out how to calculate 80% of your employees;’ wages, NI and pension contributions use the government calculator here.
- For the guide on the information that employers need to provide to HMRC to make a claim Download the guide here.
For more information on the support available for businesses from central government, Fleet BID, local councils and other useful resources visit Fleet BID’s business hub here.