The Fleet Business Improvement District (BID) are looking for new Board members from businesses in the BID area in Fleet. To ensure we have good representation from the sectors in the BID area, applications from businesses in the service sector, hair & beauty and night time economy sectors as well as the Waterfront Business Park are encouraged.
If you are motivated and innovative with a keen interest in shaping Fleet’s future we’d love to hear from you.
What does the Board do?
Fleet BID is led by a Board of volunteer directors from businesses in the BID area as well as representatives from Fleet Town Council and Hart District Council. The responsibilities of the BID Board are to:
- promote the interest of the BID area and its levy payers
- develop and promote initiative in line with the 5-year Business Plan
- oversee delivery of the Business Plan
- oversee the effective financial management of the BID.
What do directors do?
We are looking for applications for volunteer directors who can:
- Attend Board meetings held every 1-2 months to make key decisions and set the strategic priorities for BID activity.
- Be a positive influence at board meetings, communicating well with fellow board members and acting as an ambassador for the company and the BID area when such opportunities arise.
- Make decisions based on the evidence presented to them to benefit all the levy payers.
- Be contactable and be in a position to make decisions outside meetings from time to time and have the ability to read and understand sometimes complex subject matter, make decisions and comment appropriately.
What is Fleet BID?
Founded in 2017, the Fleet Business Improvement District (BID) represents the business in the BID area and we are focused on delivering projects to make our town a great place to shop, eat out, work and do business.
During our first two years we have successfully:
- Reduced costs for BID businesses through our procurement partner, Meercat.
- Provided free first aid training, mental health first aid training, a shopwatch scheme and a procurement service. All designed to save businesses money. We provide regular business briefings on topics such as GDPR, HR, Social media and cyber crime.
- Launched FleetWatch, including the DISC system to enable information sharing with the police, provided purse bells and cables and hold regular meetings on business crime.
- Organise the annual Business Excellence Awards celebrating the great service from businesses right here in Fleet.
- Delivered events, markets and activities, increasing footfall and bringing people into the town
- Developed the FindYourFleet brand representing the broad offering we have in Fleet meeting the needs of different groups
- Raised the profile of Fleet by advertising in Hampshire Life, on Eagle Radio, on social media and on our website, www.findyourfleet.org.
- Created and updated the BID information wall in the Hart Shopping Centre, making it more of a community hub with recycling facilities available for local charities to raise funds.
- Produced a twice yearly FindYourFleet magazine, providing free advertising and promotion to 20,000 local households.
- Extended the summer flowers and Christmas lights along Fleet Road from Kings Road to the station.
- Provided free lunchtime parking for staff working in the Waterfront Business Park, promoting businesses who refund customers’ parking costs and are campaigning against proposals to introduce charges for on street parking.
- Achieved British BIDs’ accreditation – one of only 17 BIDs in the country to do so, demonstrating we meet the highest quality standards in BID delivery.
How do I apply?
In order to ensure we have good representation from the sectors the BID represents, we are now looking for representatives from businesses in the service sector, hair & beauty and night time economy sectors as well as the Waterfront Business to join the BID Board. If you are motivated and innovative with a keen interest in shaping Fleet’s future we’d love to hear from you.
If you feel to meet the criteria above please email us your CV and a covering email explaining how you feel you meet the criteria.
Email us at email@example.com