Businesses will be able to register for the Eat Out to Help Out Scheme from Monday 13th July to offer a discount to diners and encourage them to eat at their restaurant throughout August.
Register on the Government website here: https://www.gov.uk/guidance/register-your-establishment-for-the-eat-out-to-help-out-scheme
The scheme will be available:
- all day, every Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday from 3rd to 31st August 2020
- businesses will offer a 50% discount, up to a maximum of £10 per person, to diners for food or non-alcoholic drinks to eat or drink in
- business will give customers the discount then claim the money back from the government
Information for customers
- As a customer you can use the offer as many times as you like.
- Discounts are only available for food, alcohol and service charges are excluded from the offer.
- Information for Businesses
- We are updating the FindYourFleet website and will have a list of participating businesses on our Virtual High Street so you have a list in one place.
Who can register?
Establishments offering the following can take part:
- selling food for immediate consumption on the premises
- providing a dining area or sharing a dining area with another establishment for eat-in meals
- was registered as a food business with the relevant local authority on or before 7 July
You cannot register:
- an establishment that only offers takeaway food or drink
- catering services for private functions
- a hotel that provides room service only
- dining services (such as packaged dinner cruises)
- mobile food vans or trailers
What information businesses will need to hand to register
To register, you must have:
- your Government Gateway ID and password (if you do not have one, you can create one when you register)
- the name and address of each establishment to be registered, unless you are registering more than 25 businesses
- the UK bank account number and sort code for the business (only provide bank account details where a BACS payment can be accepted)
- the address on your bank account for the business (this is the address on your bank statements)
You may also need your:
- VAT registration number (if applicable)
- employer PAYE scheme reference number (if applicable)
- Corporation Tax or Self Assessment unique taxpayer reference
If you are registering 25 establishments or fewer, you must provide the details of each.