Hart District Council are seeking views about CCTV in Fleet. Businesses and residents are being asked to complete a short survey which can be found here.
Questions in the survey include:
- Should the council use CCTV?
- Does CCTV have an impact in reducing crime and disorder?
- Does CCTV help the police to respond to criminal incidents?
- Are there enough CCTV cameras?
- Would anti social behaviour increase if CCTV cameras are removed?
Hart and Rushmoor are undertaking a joint review of CCTV across the area and the results of the survey which will inform the councils of any current requirements and future need.
CCTV is not a statutory requirement, however Rushmoor Borough Council and Hart District Council provide this service to prevent and detect crime and disorder within each area.
Please complete the survey which can be found at surveyhero.com
The survey is available until Thursday 29 March.