Delicious summer salad that goes so well with BBQ meats or the asparagus and goats cheese tart.
What you need: feeds 4
- 8 medium sized tomatoes halved
- 2 garlic cloves sliced thinly
- 2 sprigs of fresh rosemary
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh mint chopped
- Balsamic vinegar
- Olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- 1 tub ricotta cheese
- 25g Parmesan cheese
You will also need some tin foil and a baking tray.
How to make:
1. Preheat the oven to 150c or gas 2.
2. Place a sheet of tin foil on the baking sheet. Arrange the tomatoes on the tin foil cut side up. Top each tomato half with a slither of garlic, then drizzle over balsamic vinegar and olive oil (Photo 1).
3. Sprinkle over the rosemary, parsley and mint and a good grind of salt and pepper (Photo 2).
3. Bake on the middle shelf of the oven for a good 2 hours, you can leave them for up to 2 1/2 hours. Remove from oven when soft (Photo 3).
4. They can be eaten either warm or cold. Arrange on a serving plate, dollop spoons of ricotta randomly in between the tomatoes. Finely grate some Parmesan cheese over the top and enjoy! (Photo 4).