One to keep the kids occupied with, but for everyone to enjoy
What you need:
- 200g digestive biscuits (Rich Tea can also be used)
- 135g butter
- 200g dark chocolate (70% cocoa works best)
- 3 tablespoons golden syrup
- 100g mini marshmallows (chopped regular marshmallows work too)
Optional extras (up to 100g) such as:
- any dried fruit
- nuts i.e. almonds, pecans, hazelnuts etc chopped or left whole
- White or milk chocolate drops
- honeycomb broken into pieces or maltesers
You will also need a square baking tin around 20 x 20cm, greaseproof paper and a large mixing bowl and a saucepan.
How to make :
1. Grease a line the baking tin with some greaseproof paper. (Photo 1).
2. Place the biscuits in a bag and bash with a rolling pin or just use the side of your fist until they’re broken into a mixture of everything between dust and lumps. Set aside. (Photo 2).
3. In a large saucepan melt the butter, dark chocolate and golden syrup over a gentle heat stirring constantly until there are no or almost no more lumps of chocolate visible, then remove from the heat. (Photo 3).
4. Take the biscuits, mini marshmallows and up to 100g of your additional ingredients (Photo 4) and stir into the chocolate mixture until everything is completely covered. (Photo 5).
5. Tip the mixture into the lined baking tin, and spread it out to the corners. Chill in the fridge for at least 2 hrs, then cut into squares and eat ! (Photo 6 & 7).