I just love this ice cream, made in 5 minutes and sugar free, ok you can pile on the sugar with the toppings but the ice cream itself is pretty healthy and utterly delicious.
What you need: 4 portions
- 4 ripe bananas, cut into chunks
- 4-8 tablespoons of milk
- 2 tablespoons of ready-made toffee
or chocolate sauce or chocolate pieces or any other toppings you fancy
You will also need a food processor.
How to make:
1. Pop the banana chunks on a flat tray and cover well. Freeze for at least 1 hr, or until frozen through. I just decant them into bags once frozen so I’ve got some ready to use (Photo 1).
2. When ready to eat if they have been in the freezer for some time take them out of the freezer 15 minutes before you want to make the ice cream to allow them to thaw slightly.
3. Separate any chunks of banana that are stuck together. Place the chopped banana into a food processor (Photo 2) and whizz until smooth with enough of the milk to achieve a creamy texture you may need more than indicated start with 4 tablespoons and increase until a creamy ice cream like consistency. (Photo 3). You will probably need to stop and start the processor 2-3 times scrape down the banana from the sides so that it can all be incorporated fully.
4. Scoop into 4 bowls or glasses, then top with the sauce and nuts or any other toppings that you fancy. (Photo 4).
For more information on Jane Cooper and other recipes visit the Cooking with Jane page here