Lovely simple lunch dish made in less than 5 minutes.
What you need: feeds 4
- 200g (or 1 pack ) smoked mackerel fillets – I used sweet smoked
- 2 spring onions chopped
- 1 lemon, zest and juice of half of the lemon
- 100g soft cream cheese (full fat)
- 1 tablespoon creamed horseradish sauce
- Salt & pepper
You will also need a food processor.
How to cook:
1. Remove the skin from the mackerel it should scrape off with a sharp knife.
2. Place all the ingredients into the processor including a good grind of salt and pepper and process for 30 seconds so everything is combined. (Photo 1).
3. Serve with some crusty bread, enjoy! (Photo 2).
For more information on Jane Cooper and other recipes visit the Cooking with Jane page here.